Tea and Therapy: Black Women's History Month: Women and Self-Recovery
The month of April combines the best of February and March with Black Women's History month. During the month of April, African-American women's fitness, Women's health care, Stress awareness, and National mental health are also observed. Join Dr. Kimberly as she utilizes concepts from bell hooks book, "Sister of the Yam" to discuss the strengths and self-recovery of black women. This presentation is open to all and will include discussions on: Healing Finding Peace Self-Care Reconciliation There will also be a drawing for one copy of "Sisters of the Yam" bell hooks book while not necessary for participation at Tea and Therapy can be ordered through Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Sisters-Yam-Black-Women-Self-Recovery/dp/1138821683 For a summary of Sisters of the Yam, visit https://www.taylorfrancis.com/books/9781317588313
140 East 22nd Street , #B
More Event Ideas
- More Nature Events
- Saturday, Oct 5, 2:00 PM
- Saturday, Jul 13, 10:00 AM
- Startup Study Hall - Mental Wellness for Entrepreneurs with Lynn Hynes, PhD at Ivy Tech Community College - IndianapolisWednesday, Dec 4, 6:00 PM
- More Events at Tea's Me Cafe Indy
- Tea Time: Book Club: No One Is Coming to Save Us: A Novel by Stephanie Powell Watts at Tea's Me Cafe IndySaturday, Jun 15, 9:00 AM
- Thursday, May 30, 5:30 PM
What can we do for you?
Thank you for your input. Please fill out the form below and provide as much information as possible about updates to this event or venue.