OneAmerica 500 Festival Mini-Marathon (Downtown Indianapolis)
The 500 Festival kicks off May in a big way with one of its premier events, the OneAmerica 500 Festival Mini-Marathon. The Mini-Marathon is the nation’s largest half-marathon, having sold out with 35,000 participants for the past 11 years.
This 500 Festival tradition will commence May 4 and will mark the 37th running of the OneAmerica 500 Festival Mini-Marathon. Within its 37-year history, many stories have emerged around the excitement. From United States Olympian marathon runners, the arrival of international runners, to the family traditions, the OneAmerica 500 Festival Mini-Marathon provides competition and camaraderie.
• The course for the Mini-Marathon begins near the intersection of Washington and West streets, heads west toward the Indianapolis Motor Speedway® along Michigan Street and does a complete lap around the 2.5 mile track before heading back down New York Street to the finish line.
• Ranked as one of the best half-marathons by Runner's World magazine
• A flat, fast course that loops the Indianapolis Motor Speedway®, home of the world-famous Indianapolis 500®, Allstate 400 at the Brickyard and the Red Bull Indianapolis GP.
• Corralled starting area
• Bib-timing and scoring devices
• Special seeded start areas
• Unique Mini-Marathon medals for all finishers provided by OneAmerica (plus, the opportunity to purchase an iTaB and engrave your name and finishing time for insertion on the back of the medal)
• Free commemorative long-sleeve technical t-shirt to all participants
• Continuous music and entertainment along the Mini-Marathon course provided by nearly 80 groups
• 16 course "Pit Areas" (11 water stations, five Gatorade stations) as well as water and Gatorade at the start and finish areas, all in 13.1 miles
• Athletes and fans are invited to join more than 80 vendors and exhibitors in the two-day 500 Festival Mini-Marathon Expo.
• Great deals on official race merchandise and running apparel, health and fitness information, giveaways and entertainment are all part of the Expo
• The Expo is open to the general public
• Post Race Party at Military Park from 7:30 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Cost: $60 through Nov. 30; $75 Dec. 1 – Sell Out
Phone: (317) 927-3378
Event url: www.500festival.com/mini-marathon
Indianapolis, IN 46204
More Event Ideas
- More Other Events
- Saturday, Mar 15, 8:00 AM
- 2014 Indy ASQ Quality Improvement Associate Cert Prep Course-TUITION FREE at University of IndianapolisSaturday, May 3, 8:00 AM
- 2014 Indy ASQ Certified Quality Technician Certification Preparatory Course at University of IndianapolisSaturday, Feb 1, 8:00 AM
What can we do for you?
Thank you for your input. Please fill out the form below and provide as much information as possible about updates to this event or venue.